NeuralStar delivers consolidation, control and continuity for complex enterprise networks.
Learn more >
Sign up for our newsletter to get product updates, industry news and special offers from Kratos.
Connect With Us
Event Management Correlation and Dashboarding
The Kratos Management Platform (KMP) is an extensible software solution that can be customized to provide real-time Unified Situational Awareness across the enterprise. It is also an ideal foundation for creating custom monitoring applications that require data fusion capabilities or as the basis for original equipment manufacturers (OEM) creating built-in management capabilities for their hardware or software products.
KMP fuses disparate types of IT data and events from a variety of management applications into a unified event dashboard or “manager of managers.”. Event sources can include anything from network monitoring solutions like dopplerVUE or NeuralStar, to cyber and physical security tools, proprietary element managers, trouble ticketing, provisioning, video feeds, websites, inhouse-developed apps and just about anything else that can be connected to the network.
The Key To Unified Situational Awareness
KMP provides monitoring and alerting for events in the IT infrastructure as well as powerful, real-time event correlation of data from across IT Management applications. An easy to use, wizard-based interface overlays this data fusion capability, making it easy to create and edit mission-specific or task-specific dashboards.
Back-end Functionality: KMP’s back-end capabilities collect and integrate disparate types of IT data, filtering for low-priority and duplicative events, and consolidation of information into a unified hierarchy of relevant data for just about any use case. Robust rule-writing capabilities allow for the creation of highly-granular alerts as well as complex workflows and automation routines. KMP is architected to readily enable custom applications cases and a top-tier view across the infrastructure, from a state change in a managed element to a poorly performing database to a breach outside of “normal” parameters in a critical application.
Front-end Capabilities: KMP takes this unified data and allows users to visualize it in a consolidated dashboard or multiple tabbed windows. Plentiful out-of-the-box views are available that include maps, alert grids, charts, gauges, feeds and more from multiple applications, appliances, and IT management tools. Engineers or operators can also create custom views in minutes using the drag-and-drop dashboard designer, wizards and templates. Custom views can be tailored to particular job functions or mission roles.
Advantages of the Kratos Platform:
- Fuse data from multiple event types, including Network Performance, Security Monitoring, Inventory Management, Fault Management, Configuration Management, Converged Network Management, Application Health Monitoring (COTS or customized), SLA Monitoring, Virtual IT Infrastructure Monitoring, Database Monitoring, Storage Monitoring and more
- Administrators can have one interface instead of many, increasing productivity and responsiveness
- Create reports that roll-up data from multiple systems into single Executive Console
- Reduce the need to perform “forklift upgrades” to achieve improvements in IT infrastructure and software
- Integrate video, web and other relevant data feeds into dashboards
- Achieve labor saving economies of scale by placing many capabilities into roll-up management dashboard
- Write alerting rules that correlate data from multiple applications
- Human error is minimized due to automation of actions that occur faster and are executed consistently
A Powerful Solution for OEMs, Consultants and Systems Integrators
Whether you’re an OEM seeking to add capabilities to your products or an Integrator developing a tailored solution for a client, adding real-time network and IT data monitoring functionality can be difficult when it isn’t one of your core competencies. Fusing multiple data sources into a unified database and data model is even harder. Kratos can be a powerful partner in that task, with the Kratos Management Platform as the flexible foundation. For example:
- NICE Systems, a global leader in compliance systems, monitors uptime of its Sentry® financial transaction recording product.
- CIBER, a global information technology consulting and outsourcing company , has developed a seaport monitoring solution for homeland defense.
- Certified Cyber Solutions, a leading provider of “smart home” solutions, uses a KMP-based solution that safeguards network access and integrates security, lighting, audio/visual and HVAC monitoring.
Kratos professionals will work with you to customize KMP to your needs, plus its built-in adaptability features allow you to make many types of updates and customizations on your own. For more information please contact email@example.com or call 703-254-2275.
Partner Advantages of the Kratos Management Platform
- Speed time to market. As product developers as well as service providers, we understand deadlines, release schedules and user demands.
- Reduce costs. Building on a proven foundation is not only faster and more reliable, it is more economical than starting from scratch.
- Flexible branding options. From private labeling to employing a recognized brand like dopplerVUE, a variety of options are available.
- An accessible and responsive engineering staff. We work with a range of partners, large and small, on projects from the simple to the complex.
- Leverage Kratos’ deep knowledge and expertise. Focus on your core business and let our engineers work through the data and management challenges.